And the 2016 grant awards go to . . .
- Fairfax Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Advocating for Abused/Neglected Youth
- Friends of Guest House for Workforce Development Project Pilot
- Josh Anderson Foundation for Our Minds Matter: Website Development
- La Cocina Virginia for Free Bilingual Culinary Job Training, Placement & Food Assistance
- NAMI Nova for Peer Support of Youth and Adults Living with Mental Health Conditions
- OAR Arlington for Employment Assistance for Individuals Returning Home After Incarceration
- The Reading Connection for Growing Fairfax Readers
- Women Giving Back for Women Giving Back Transportation Project
Many thanks go to the Grants Co-Chairs, Sheila Morris and Donna Whitaker, and to the Grants Committee. Congratulations to our newest grantees.
The Path Toward Tomorrow: Fairfax County Human Services Needs Assessment and the Giving Circle of HOPE Response
The Giving Circle of HOPE hosted three free programs on human service needs in the community discovered during the County’s Human Services Needs Survey and Assessment. Representatives from Fairfax County Department of Human Services highlighted areas of need identified in the assessment and a member of the Giving Circle of HOPE’s Guiding Circle shared what the Giving Circle is and how it helps local nonprofits in their work with struggling residents.
10th Anniversary of the Break The Cycle Endowment
What a great way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this endowment! Two local nonprofits received $1,500 each in August. One was Girls Inspired and Ready to Lead (GIRL); the other Space Of Her Own (SOHO). Guiding Circle members enjoyed marking the occasion with each organization individually. Read all about it on our blog and subscribe to receive entries to your email!
Alternative Gift Market
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Unitarian Universalist Church
1625 Wiehle Avenue
Reston, VA 20190
Volunteers are needed for A Simple Gesture from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
This is a door-to-door food collection program. Donors receive a really cool, green bag, which they fill with non-perishable food items. Pick up the bags from donors and/or unload the food and stock shelves at Cornerstones. Please contact them to volunteer.
Join our dynamic group to make a difference by strategically investing your philanthropic dollars in Northern Virginia and learning about needs in your local community. Members contribute time, talents, and money and collectively decide how to use them to create positive change. We make it easy to be engaged in the community. Each member is valued, welcomed, nurtured, and given opportunities to GIVE, SERVE, LEARN, and LEAD.