The Giving Circle of HOPE Founders
The First 10 Years
In November 2003 a Northern Virginia community came together to raise funds for a family devastated by a tragic accident. Afterward, four women decided to “do something permanent” and harness the passion and compassion of the community. The Giving Circle of HOPE was founded in January 2004.
The Circle grew quickly and now includes over 100 individuals. Collectively we have raised and awarded nearly $1,000,000 to improve our local community. Service programs change to reflect our members’ passions and local needs.
Over the years, the Giving Circle of HOPE has become a leader in local philanthropy by making vital connections, providing resources and knowledge of the nonprofit sector, engaging in advocacy, furthering education, and awarding grants.
Awards We Have Received
The Giving Circle of HOPE has been honored with the following:
- Best of Reston Community Service Award by the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce and Reston Interfaith (now Cornerstones)
- Evelyn LaPierre Award by Empowered Women International
- Fairfax County Volunteer Service Award by Volunteer Fairfax
- Virginia Commonwealth Congressional Commendation by Sen. Janet Howell and Del. Ken Plum
- Citizens of the Year by The Reston Times
- Community Partner Award by Reston Interfaith